"a few good men"
Been reading Nathaniel Fick’s One Bullet Away, where he documents his career as an officer in the USMC. It is a brilliant piece of writing, full of self reflection and unglamorized reactions to extreme situations. Seriously good.
road trip fan fic :P
24 hours is too long to wait for the next teefury t-shirt!
end of exams - pour brains onto page
I read too much during my study break, i read four books when i should have been studying for my economics exam, which went averagely, but it was more inspiring, in the short run at least, because ms mccaffery opened my mind up once again to the possibilities, the could-bes, the stretch your mind and imagine it existed, sometimes plain strange and could-never-bes, where all the rules are broken...
This is the place
for inspiration for expression for excitement for melancholy for discovery for nostalgia for flight.
[They] won’t understand me because i like too many things and get all...– On the Road, Jack Kerouac
I used to think that i could just sit and wait for the times, but i know i gotta...– Jason Mraz
Forgive me, First Love, But I’m too tired. I need to get away, and...– Adele
Day Five: Six things you wish you’d never done.
This is silly. I don’t regret things i’ve done. Everything i did helped me become who i am today. I’m not going to hold onto the past because i was young or immature or stupid. So i’m going to go ahead and change this to, Day Five: Six things you wish you’d done. 1) Got my driver’s license when i was younger! 2) Committed more to non-performing arts at...
Day Four: Seven things that cross your mind a lot.
1) People: Their motivation for doing things and the psychology behind what they do and say. Getting to know people is one of my favourite hobbies :) The people closest to me. 2) God. 3) The meaning of life! (not 42) 4) International Politics and New Zealand’s relations with USA, China, and the Israel/Palestine Dispute, the problems in Fiji. 5) Poverty in the countries of Africa and...
my newest and most shameful obsession
The Vampire Diaries. it is everything i swore i’d hate. but these two have a most fascinating relationship. plus they are two good-looking boys ;) loving the suspenders! ooh damon, i do love a man in uniform LOL they’re so damn cute! okay. i know i sound like a silly school girl. but they’re cute. rant over.
Day Three: Eight ways to win your heart.
1) Musical interest or talent! I go gaga over drummers, guitarists, double bassists, violinists, trombonists, etc. The complicated explanation is that it shows a certain level of commitment and determination to become good at an instrument, traits that i admire. The simple explanation is that live music makes me go loopy and silly! 2) Keep compliments to a minimum. This makes them more meaningful...
Day Two: Nine things about yourself.
1) I think i’m funny! In a dry, sorta not funny way… in a way that would make your parents laugh. 2) I am dramatic! I love to quote Shakespeare and movies, and sing songs and dance. I basically love performing. I think it partly defines me as i am today, because i used to be so shy. Now i don’t even think twice about getting on stage. But i still get nervous, which i think is...
That awkward moment when your friends don't know...
tyrotoxism: Babbity Rabbity? No?
Day One: Ten things you want to say to ten...
1) Elina: You’re my sister and a close friend. I know we clash a bit about different things, and i hate it. Sometimes i feel like you’re so much younger than me, and sometimes i feel like you’re a lot older. You’re funny and intelligent and totally gorgeous! But you’re not me. We’ve have different experiences, and I’ve accepted this. If we hadn’t, we...
10 day challenge.
bangheart: Day One: Ten things you want to say to ten different people right now. Day Two: Nine things about yourself. Day Three: Eight ways to win your heart. Day Four: Seven things that cross your mind a lot. Day Five: Six things you wish you’d never done. Day Six: Five people who mean a lot (in no order whatsoever) Day Seven: Four turn offs. Day Eight: Three...
But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we...– Jonathan Livingston Seagull ~ Richard Bach
give me long days in the sun preludes to the nights to come previews of the...– Brooke Fraser, Something in the Water - Flags
Life’s like a song by Britney Spears, Devoid of meaning… But what...– Wilson Dixon
If music be the food of love, p l a y o n .– Shakespeare
1. Recognise the full worth of. 2. Be grateful for (something). I appreciate you. I appreciate you. I appreciate you. <3
I don't really care much for celebrities.
They’re just people. Get over it.
On one level, I freaking love life. ~ Family is great ~ Friends are varied and many and amazing ~ Uni is not taking over But on another level, it’s like I’m not consciously living. ~ I feel incomplete ~ It’s not quite right ~ There’s got to be more So I remind myself, That life is meant to be l i v e d. People are meant to be l o v e d. We are meant to be the...